Saturday, January 7, 2012

3 flat tires and 286 speed bumps

today was a long day to say the least. We left at 7:30 this morning and got back at 8 for a pizza dinner. We had a rough start this morning. Dave said it best when he said "the devil is really trying to work hard today." our bus has had a total of 3 flat tires in under 24 hours. I thought we'd never make it there. But we finally did!
Back in Konguba there were at least 250 people all ready for us. the kids were swarming the van greeting us with warm smiles.
Because of the amount of people I did triage with Anatole. What I really have enjoyed about this trip is the fact that I've been able to do a little of everything.
The little boy I mentioned earlier sat by me most of the afternoon. He looked like he was taking his malaria pills because he looked a lot better than yesterday. im really hoping this boy knows how loved he is and that he comes to accept Jesus as his savior.
Since being here, heaven has been on my mind a lot!! I know it sounds weird but I will be able to communicate with everyone. I just can't wait.
Im not sure exactly what the next few days have in store but all i know is I'm not ready to go. there is so much love I can't stand to leave.

2 comments: