Friday, January 6, 2012

143

143 speed bumps to Konguba, the village we worked in today. It was quite the trip we arrived at 10 and didn't leave until almost 5. It was a good day we saw just over 200 patients. Malaria testing was very slow therefore making me the new runner. I took patients to their next stop, brought them in when a doctor was ready. personally for me being a runner gave me more of a chance to interact with the people rather than malaria testing.
This village was very nice. A lot of people knew English, they had nice facilities and there were very few sick people.
For me there was one particular boy who caught my attention. After seeing the doctor I took the boy to malaria testing. As Grace and I did his test, out of no where he kissed my hand. It was cute coming from a 10 year old boy. We then became buddies at the end of the day just sitting together. I have him my personal bracelet bc I didn't know where the others were. The boy did turn out positive for malaria. I don't know why but I could see God moving the most when I was with him.
Tomorrow we do the same thing all over again. As nice as this village is I do miss Samaya. the people had more joy and life. This villiage just had a different tone to it.
It's 10 o clock on a Friday night an I'm off to bed. I am so wiped out.
I just keep thinking only 286 speed bumps tomorrow.
Sending lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment