I can't believe it's already Thursday night. One week ago I was just getting on the plane to Paris, now fast forward one week and so much has happened its unbelievable. Tuesday and Wednesday we worked in the village called Samayana. The people there were absolutely beautiful. They were all so friendly and nice to us. They were so greatful we were there. The chief thanked all of us at least 5 times.
Malaria Testing was very busy those 2 days. We actually had a lot of tests come out positive which was good because we were able to help the kids. Wednesday I had some free time and was able to just love these people. I was handing out bracelets, taking pictures of the people (my absolute favorite because it is the first time they have seen themselves) and I was even able to hold a baby :) As much as we are blessing the people, I really do believe they are blessing us 738393 times more. God is so increbible just seeing all he is doing in Mali.
Today we took the day to rest. For me as an 18 year old it was frustrating to take the day off. I keep thinking we can be helping more people. I just dont want to stop because I feel like the trip is going by too fast. But the team really did need a break and the Mumas got here yesterday so they needed the rest too. Instead some of the team went to this mountain. It was a good hour drive but it was so worth it. We did some walking to get to the top. The view was breath taking. God created these mountains and rocks it was simply beautiful. Our brothers were with us. They are so good to us our car always needed to be pushed to get started and there they would be pushing the car along. Oh and of course they keep us laughing.
Tomorrow and Saturday we are going to the village of Conguba which is about a 2 and a half hour drive one way. It's gonna be a long 48 hours but we keep remembering we are doing this for God.
Anatole's malaria test came out negative. He is a lot sicker than we thought so do please keep him in your prayers as he is still helping us.
There is so much I am missing in this blog such as Jenny being given a chicken and a marriage proposal oh and of course our driver being taken to jail and dont forget all of the laughs we've had with Bunny! I really can't wait to share our stories once we get back home. I can't believe I will be back in the mitten in one week. Brr it's gonna be cold I've adjusted nicely to the 90 degree weather.
Sending lots of love back home!
No comments:
Post a Comment