I don't even know where to begin this post. Today I've had a lot of time to think. Being in Mali I'm always convicted of one thing or another but a few months later it tends to go away. This being my 3rd trip I really now have the hang of everything and it really has become a love I have.
It's a lot different than my previous trips because I am doing less comparing. I am living normally.
I kinda feel this blog is going no where now. Sorry for that little rant.
Today we went to church in Bamako. It was a totally different service from last Sunday. It was a lot more traditional. It was great being able to experience both. We then headed out to get lunch at the restaurant La relax (of course after finding our lost team member Clint) It was another chill day going to the museum, then taking an adventure with the Mumma family. I crossed the busy roads of Bamako for the first time and I lived! The four girls and I hung out with Anatole and his friend until dinner. He is a very interesting man. The things he thinks about make me look at my life and how I can live a more Godly life.
We ended our night perfectly Jean Pierre shared his testimony (which was probably the 38483 time I've heard it) But I get goosebumps every time I hear it. God definitely knew what he was doing with Jean Pierre. Once the meeting was over my family gave Jean Pierre and his wife some gifts from back home. It felt like one big family. there is so much love. It wasn't love because they were receiving gifts but because of the love we all have for each other. it is hard to explain. Being in Mali and having our African brothers and sisters truly is a blessing.
I know Wednesday is going to be hard saying goodbye. I'm trying not to think about it but it's coming up fast. I don't know why God keeps putting Mali in my life but I am hoping this isn't the last of Mali for me. I really want to do more with it. Just remind me to take some French classes before I come!
Thank you for all of your prayers it means the world to us.
As always sending love from Bamako.
No comments:
Post a Comment