Friday, April 6, 2012

Home & Good Friday

There is a song by Lady Antebellum that is titled Home is Where the Heart is. Just like the title says the song talks about how home is not just a place where you sleep at night, or where you grew up. But it is the people who you surround yourself with and love. I can honestly say that right now I have two homes. The one here back in good 'ole Michigan and then IWU.


When I am at the WU I am always missing my family back in Michigan, then I come back home for the weekend and I am already missing my friends back at school so terribly much. I cannot believe how I have known them for only a few months but the amount of respect and love I have for them is equal to the love and respect I have for people I have known my entire life.

Being home is weird, because I am trying to balance a social life while trying to cross off things off my never ending to do list. It will all get done, it is just a matter of when. 


So far I have just been spending much needed time with my sisters. Here is a picture of Moll and Me at lunch today 






As I reflect on today (Good Friday) and what it signifies/represents/means I am immediately humbled. God sent his one and only son to die to pay for my sins. There is no way for me to EVER pay him back for that. That is something I have to remember. Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate being to debt to anyone. I will do anything to pay them back. This is the one exception, there is nothing I could ever do to pay him back. God loves me, I need to accept that. I don't need to pay him back for his love. I just will love him back with everything I've got. 




I guess I should start some homework before I go catch up with some of my best friends from youth group.
But I will end with part of Isaiah 53. It was what I was studying from my devotions last week, and it just fits perfectly with what today is all about.


Isaiah 53: 3-9

 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
   a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
   he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

  Surely he took up our pain
   and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
   stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
   he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
   and by his wounds we are healed.
 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
   each of us has turned to our own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
   the iniquity of us all.

  He was oppressed and afflicted,
   yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
   and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
   so he did not open his mouth.
 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
   Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
   for the transgression of my people he was punished.
He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
   and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
   nor was any deceit in his mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment