Since being home from Mali, I can honestly say that these past 10 days have been the most physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausting days of my life.
Coming home and adjusting to the time change, getting used to the American way of living. It's a lot harder than people think. All I did until Sunday was sleep and eat.
Sunday I came back to IWU, which was surprisingly easy. Going to classes has been super difficult. I knew missing 2 of each class i'd have some make up work to do, but I didn't realize it would be this much. I have been so overwhelmed. I have been so overwhelmed that I was sent to the ER for some heart problems I was having. (Thanks stress) Everything is good now I just have to take it easy. Since the ER experience I have gotten much sicker. I'm not sure what is quite going on, i've been doing all the right things. I've been going to bed early, eating healthy. It is just exhausting being sick.
Spiritually and Emotionally I have been a wreck. When I'm in classes I am constantly thinking about Mali, and what would I be doing right now? It's been hard for everyone in my family. This trip I think we all cam e back a lot more emotionally impacted. It's hard because when people ask me how the trip is they just want a 30 second answer, and to move on.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week was Summit at my school. Summit is where we gather twice a day for chapel. It was so powerful, It was obvious that God was doing great things in many people's lives.
All these good and bad things have happened so fast its been hard to enjoy life. All I know is that this trip has changed me in ways I never thought possible. He knows what is going to happen in my life. I have things I am desiring to do but I just need to trust in him. Thank you for everyone who has been praying for me this past week. It has meant the world. I'm hoping life will turn around soon and can be somewhat back to order.
Sending love,
Liv
No comments:
Post a Comment