It is quite obvious the last few months have slipped right through my fingers. Actually time itself has seemed to just fly by. There has been so much that has happened since my last post in June. I am amazed by how faithful God is to me. He has been by my side through the good, bad, the ugly, EVERYTHING. I do not know how to process everything that has happened over the past almost five months and share it without boring people to death.
I will just say my summer was full of learning and growing in who I am and who God wants me to be.
- I was blessed to have a job working for my Dad
- I was blessed to have taken two classes.
- I was blessed to get my knee problems figured out
- I was blessed by the friendships that continued to grow, as well as the new friendships
- I was blessed to have made it through another year of life.
- I was blessed.
I went to surprise Cassy and Silas for their birthdays
I basically spent every free moment with my other half
I went to Mackinaw Island for a girls weekend with my long lost cousins
I spent a weekend at Aunt Lynda's!
Since Summer has long gone I've been loving being back at IWU. I am officially a TESOL Education Major and I have been confirmed of my life calling from God. I work for the admissions office giving tours, hosting overnights, lunches, airport runs, anything to show off IWU. I have been blessed by the friendships made through this job. God has put certain people in my life at the right time. My good friends and I are still close, if not closer . It's a bit tricker to get together with everyone's new responsibilities and schedules. I cherish every moment I can have with them. My living situation is 8379854897 times better than last year. I am SO lucky to have Amy this year.
My School Year in a Crunch
God has been SO good to me this year. I am still working on many things but I have been given so much support from everyone in my life. I love being in good times and bad. My relationship with Jesus has been put to a new level. I have many different things I want and hope for in regards to my future but it has all been turned over to him. I get excited to see what God has in store for me.
This past week was Thanksgiving. I wrote a blog post a little over a year ago about what I was thankful for. It is crazy to see how my life is still the same in many aspects yet at the same time it is completely different. Since being home this year I've been overwhelmed with the task and gift has provided for my family and I. (This is my big news) I move back home for Christmas break on December 13th. Less than 48 hours after I'm home my life will be forever changed. 2 of my Malian brothers and sisters will be moving into my home. Not to make life anymore confusing but Grace who is 17 and Kevin 12 will be living with us until God wants them back in Mali.
Here is a picture of the Graces
I couldn't find a picture of just Kevin :(
There has been many factors to why this is happening but I am so in awe of God. Grace and Kevin have always been people I've known and loved. Now they are coming and living in my house. They do not speak English. No one in my family speaks fluently in French. They will be learning English as a second language... My major is ESL and I get this opportunity to live and understand what they are going through. I am SO excited and nervous, there is a lot going through my head. My biggest goal is to show them God's love and that they continue their relationship with the Lord. Also I do not want them to lose their Malian culture and background. I do not want to over "Americanize" them. I have no idea what the next month and a half is going to look like. But God has it all under control, which is the biggest comfort to me. Please pray for my family and their family as we both prepare for the changes ahead. I cannot wait to write about this adventure God has for my family and I.
A picture of our two families together. I have ALWAYS considered them as my second family. (Kevin is by my dad)
I also have started a tumblr that I used this summer that you should check out here! MY TUMBLR. CLICK HERE
This verse has been such a comfort for the past few days. I know it can be encouraging to you too!
"Do NOT be afraid for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I AM YOUR GOD. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10











No comments:
Post a Comment