Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year from Mali!

It's finally 2012! Or well at least for us in Mali its 2012. For all of you back home it's only 8:00 pm. We made to Bamako around 9 and got to the house around 11, Just in time to celebrate. we had sparkling grape juice and have been watching and listening to all of the fireworks that have been going on.

Our flight was very smooth. Until we landed when a Malian woman decided to through a fit for some reason or another. We made it through customs with no problem, just long lines. I think everyone enjoyed the van ride here we had 13 people plus their luggage and one tub in a van that was meant for 9 people max. We have tons of pictures just in the van alone.

But let me say I am SO grateful for wifi. I absolutely love blogging. Haha too bad I am doing this from my iPod touch.

Being back in Mali is amazing. Walking off the plane was that distinct smell but it hasn't bothered me one bit. I love the feeling of the dirt and dust in between my toes. I absolutely love it here. I kinda am too comfortable for my own good. Tomorrow we are going to church and taking it easy by unpacking the tubs and just chilling around the house. we aren't sure if we will be going out to a village on Monday because all of the pharmacies are closed (we buy some medicines here because they are cheaper)

We do have a praise, the one tub that went missing in Detroit made it to Bamako. It definitely was God who made that happen.
But we also do ask that you pray for team member Lora. Yesterday she slipped and fell on her side pretty badly. Dad thinks she has cracked a few of her ribs. Just pray that she will be in the least amount of pain possible.

Paris was amazing as always even though it rained the whole time. We had made it just in time to see the Eiffel tower sparkle. it only sparkles once an hour and we got a 2 minute glimpse. We definitely all slept very well last night.

Thanks for all of the love, support and prayers we really do appreciate them!

Happy New Years (:


No comments:

Post a Comment