Wednesday, December 28, 2011

24 Hours

I guess this is where my blog may start to becoming interesting.  In less than 24 hours my trip to Mali will begin. I will be on a plane flying to Paris, probably being super antsy or trying to fall asleep. This is my 3rd time going to Mali, West Africa with Ward Church's Mali Medical Team. Yet even after all the experience I have it has been crazy busy trying to get ready. There are 3 giant plastic tubs filled with everything from pop tarts to christian bracelets that we got for free (thanks to Jenny) to decks of UNO. Along with backpacks and suitcases of all sizes. My whole family, is going again this year. We all love sharing this bond and love for Mali. It's kinda crazy how much Mali has a part of my life. We ALWAYS make it known that our number one reason for going to Mali is to share the love of Jesus Christ. We see hundreds of people in a village a day and we usually have to turn people away at one point or another.  We are using the medicine as a tool to show the love of Jesus. We aren't going to cure Africa but to love on Africa.  Once someone ever gets me started talking about it, they wish they never asked because I just keep talking. I've really missed it. It's surreal thinking that I will be there in only a few short days.


Here's a picture of my family and I right before we headed to the airport

I think I will be administering the malaria tests again this year. It's a super simple process. The worst part is being the mean person who has to prick fingers. However it is SO rewarding when we are able to give medicine to someone who has malaria. It is easy to treat however they have no way of knowing they have it or receiving the medicine they need.

I am kinda just throwing in pictures from previous years now

This is my best memory from the 2008 trip. These four girls. 

Here's one of the vans we take to the villages. Let me say we always fight for the window seat.
Haha oh and we were given nicknames last year (L to R Rokia, White Fanta, and Djeneba)

I absolutely cannot wait to see what God has in store for our team in the following weeks.. I have already had SO much support from family and friends. I am so blessed to have people in my life who believe in our team and what we are trying to do.  I cannot wait to share the stories of these next few weeks.  I am hoping to get the chance to blog and post some pictures while in Mali, so make sure to check up on us! If not, know that I am journaling getting stuff ready for the blog! Thanks for all the prayers in advance they really are felt.     

“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15



No comments:

Post a Comment